This refreshing green salsa is a wonderful accompaniment for grilled meats, poultry, and fish, as well as antipasti.
In a recent post Salsa Verde is also served with Arancini di Riso (posted in Bites & Starters, Mains)
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon flky sea salt
- fresh pepper flakes to taste
Place the parsley, mint, garlic, shallots, and capers in a food processor or blender and pulse until well chopped.
Add the vinegar and lemon juice and pulse until combined.
With the machine running, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream. The salsa will thicken as the oil is added.
Stop the machine and add the salt and pepper flakes. Pulse several times to combine well; taste and salt to your liking.
At this point you can thin the sauce with a little cold water if you prefer a thinner sauce. With the machine running add the water in a slow steady stream.
Serve at once or refrigerate for up to 5 days.